Fish in Sitka, Alaska during the month of May and experience first-class fishing, scenery, and hospitality! Wild Alaskan King Salmon, Pacific Halibut, and Black Cod (Sablefish) are the main fishing species caught. Other fish commonly caught during the month of May include Lingcod, Yelloweye rockfish, Shortraker rockfish & Black rockfish. You really can't go wrong with fishing Sitka in May. Our ocean fishing and lodging packages are available May 20th - 31st. Here are 6 reasons to book a fishing package with us in Sitka during the month of May.
1. Good - excellent ocean fishing conditions. Light marine winds typically found during the month of May provide us with a calm ocean to navigate to any of the prime fishing grounds.
2. Good - excellent halibut fishing. Halibut fishing in Sitka is typically pretty even throughout the summer months but May can be a little better since there is a lot less fishing pressure vs other months of the summer. The sometimes calmer ocean makes it easier for us to target them.
3. An excellent opportunity for some deep sea fishing for black cod (Sablefish). Some consider this to be the tastiest fish in the Pacific Ocean. We agree.
4. Airfare to and from Sitka, Alaska (SIT) is typically the most reasonable during the month of May. We have a commercial airport here in Sitka, Alaska airlines & Delta airlines fly in/out during the summer months.
5. Average - good King salmon fishing is found during the month of May. In 2020, the King salmon fishing was good - excellent in May.
6. Alaska fishing packages at a bargain price! Save big by booking a fishing package with us during the month of May. Our Super May Special is the lowest rate offered all season, a 3 days / 4 nights lodging package for May 19-23, 2020. Our all-inclusive Alaska fishing trips are available May 20th - September 5th. Come catch a King salmon. Come experience Alaska!